Being a mentor
Online self-paced course | 3-5 hours to complete
The mentoring process is much more than a one-off activity; it involves the development and maintenance of a relationship that is beneficial to the person being mentored. In the workplace a mentor is more than a work colleague they provide expertise help their mentee advance in their careers, enhance their education and build their networking.
This self-paced short course provides a detailed insight into the role of a mentor and how a successful mentor/mentee relationship can be fostered.
What you'll learn
- What is meant by the term mentor;
- What are the ground rules for providing mentoring?
- The importance of maintaining confidentiality;
- Steps to take to develop the relationship;
- How to provide effective support and encouragement;
- What it is to me a good mentee;
- The importance of feedback in the mentoring relationship;
- What happens if the relationship changes;
- The importance of tracking and reporting outcomes from mentoring sessions.
This course is ideal for
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Communicate with Influence
If your ability to communicate ideas, objectives or opinions is holding you back, or communicating with influence will improve your work performance, this course is for you.
HR Skills for Non-HR Managers Course Bundle
Technical and general usiness unit managers are often responsible for HR related task but often don't have the training or experience. The HR Skills Bundle for Non-HR Managers combines three professional development courses to give you the skills to manage common day-to-day HR matters within a team environment.