BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
This nationally recognised qualification is the go‐to course for emerging managers who are taking on a broader range of responsibilities in their business.
Equip yourself with the knowledge and skills to lead and support your team towards successful outcomes, and through the day‐to‐day challenges of working with colleagues and clients.
If you’ve developed strong technical skills and practical knowledge in your area of specialisation, complementing these skills with a management based qualification can really build on your career prospects with both current and future employers.
Completing this course is an excellent entry point or step up into a new career by taking a practical approach to expanding your own leadership and management capability.
|Subject Name||Unit Code||Unit Name||Core/Elective||Duration|
|Part One||Part One||BSBLDR413||Lead effective workplace relationships||Core||7 weeks|
|Part One||BSBXCM401||Apply communication strategies in the workplace||Core|
|Part Two||Part Two||BSBOPS402||Coordinate business operational plans||Core||7 weeks|
|Part Two||BSBXTW401||Lead and facilitate a team||Core|
|Part Three||Part Three||BSBLDR411||Demonstrate leadership in the workplace||Core||7 weeks|
|Part Three||BSBLDR521||Lead the development of diverse workforces||Elective|
|Part Four||Part Four||BSBOPS403||Apply business risk management processes||Elective||7 weeks|
|Part Four||BSBPEF402||Develop personal work priorities||Elective|
|Part Five||Part Five||BSBPEF502||Develop and use emotional intelligence||Elective||7 weeks|
|Part Five||BSBTWK401||Build and maintain business relationships||Elective|
|Part Six||Part Six||BSBOPS404||Implement customer service strategies||Elective||7 weeks|
|Part Six||BSBWRT411||Write complex documents||Elective|
Monday 5 Jul 2021
Monday 2 Aug 2021
Following the recommended course progression, there’s a maximum of up to 12 months allowed to complete the qualification.
This qualification includes 12 units of competency (5 core and 7 elective) and is delivered over six teaching periods.
You will complete two units of competency over a 7 week teaching period. We recommend a two week break between each teaching period to help you balance other commitments. Some students choose to progress more quickly through the course. It's designed to be flexible so that you can study at your own pace in your own time.
There are no formal educational entry requirements for this course. To support you to successfully complete the qualification you must meet the following entry requirements:
- Aged 18 at the time of enrolment, or turning 18 within 6 months of commencing the course. Applicants under the age of 18 must have their enrolment paper work witnessed by a parent or guardian.
- Entry into this course is dependent on successful completion of Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment.
- All of our courses are delivered in English, if English is your second language you may need to provide results of an English language test that you have recently undertaken. We require proof of your English language capabilities to ensure that you can understand the course content and assessment requirements.
- Minimum computer literacy standards as well as unrestricted access to the internet. You must have knowledge of and access to Office 365 as well as the ability to record assessments.
- Eligibility to provide a Unique Student Identifier (USI) at enrolment. Creating or looking up your USI is a simple process that can be done online at https://www.usi.gov.au/.
- Have access to one, or a range of, workplace environments (past or present) that will provide you with the opportunity to complete a range of assessment tasks that are based on/in a real workplace environment.
View the Student Handbook for more information.
MiTraining offers several interest free payment plan options including your choice of a deposit amount, then fortnightly or weekly instalments to pay the remaining course fees over the duration of your studies. Deposit amounts start from just $100.
To view all payment plan options click Apply Now.
Undertaking this qualification will require you to complete a range of assessments to assess your competency against the performance criteria. Assessments have been designed with a focus on workplace outputs.
A variety of assessment methods are used:
1. Assessing required knowledge
2. Assessing the application of skills in the workplace
3. Workplace observation and reports
Each assessment method provides a different type of evidence. Taken together, the complete assessment provides a holistic view of your ability to perform competently and confidently in the workplace to the level set down in the Competency Standards.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is an assessment pathway that enables you to demonstrate competence from prior experience and learning. RPL applications require a portfolio of evidence which will be assessed, together with a competency conversation or skills test/check. For more information view the RPL Policy or download the RPL Application Form on the Policies and Procedures page.
Statements of Attainment and Qualifications issued by other Registered Training Organisations will be recognised by MiTraining and may be used as credit towards a qualification with MiTraining.
For advice on applying for Credit Transfer for this qualification please contact MiTraining on 1300 549 190.
MiTraining offers highly practical and industry relevant training to small, medium and large organisations seeking to develop staff. Organisations can choose from nationally recognised qualifications, accredited short courses or professional development workshops to focus on a specific skill sets.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management
This nationally recognised qualification is designed to give you the knowledge and know‐how to develop into a professional manager in any business or workplace environment.
Team Leader Skill Set
This nationally recognised and accredited Skill Set includes four units of competency designed to develop and lead effective teams in any industry setting.