BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management
This nationally recognised qualification is designed to give you the knowledge and know‐how to develop into a professional manager in any business or workplace environment.
During your studies you’ll learn how to apply more sophisticated management techniques including team effectiveness, dealing with people and performance issues, developing operational plans, and using emotional intelligence to guide and inspire teams.
This course is ideal for those who are pursuing a management career, and can set up you for a successful transition into team leadership, supervisory and business manager roles and can be a pathway from the Certificate IV in Leadership and Management.
|Subject Name||Unit Code||Unit Name||Core/Elective||Duration|
|Part One||Part One||BSBCMM511||Communicate with influence||Core||7 weeks|
|Part One||BSBLDR523||Lead and manage effective workplace relationships||Core|
|Part Two||Part Two||BSBOPS502||Manage business operational plans||Core||7 weeks|
|Part Two||BSBPEF502||Develop and use emotional intelligence||Core|
|Part Three||Part Three||BSBTWK502||Manage team effectiveness||Core||7 weeks|
|Part Three||BSBCRT511||Develop critical thinking in others||Core|
|Part Four||Part Four||BSBLDR521||Lead the development of diverse workforces||Elective||7 weeks|
|Part Four||BSBLDR522||Manage people performance||Elective|
|Part Five||Part Five||BSBWRT411||Write complex documents||Elective||7 weeks|
|Part Five||BSBTWK503||Manage meetings||Elective|
|Part Six||Part Six||BSBPEF501||Manage personal and professional development||Elective||7 weeks|
|Part Six||BSBOPS404||Implement customer service strategies||Elective|
Monday 4 Oct 2021
Monday 1 Nov 2021
Following the recommended course progression, there’s a maximum of up to 12 months allowed to complete the qualification.
This qualification includes 12 units of competency (6 core and 6 elective) and is delivered over six teaching periods.
You will complete two units of competency over a 7 week teaching period. We recommend a two week break between each teaching period to help you balance other commitments.
Some students choose to progress more quickly through the course. It's designed to be flexible so that you can study at your own pace in your own time.
There are no formal educational entry requirements for this course. To support you to successfully complete the qualification you must meet the following entry requirements:
- Aged 18 at the time of enrolment, or turning 18 within 6 months of commencing the course. Applicants under the age of 18 must have their enrolment paper work witnessed by a parent or guardian.
- Entry into this course is dependent on successful completion of Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment.
- All of our courses are delivered in English, if English is your second language you may need to provide results of an English language test that you have recently undertaken. We require proof of your English language capabilities to ensure that you can understand the course content and assessment requirements.
- Minimum computer literacy standards as well as unrestricted access to the internet. You must have knowledge of and access to Office 365 as well as the ability to record assessments.
- Eligibility to provide a Unique Student Identifier (USI) at enrolment. Creating or looking up your USI is a simple process that can be done online at https://www.usi.gov.au/.
- Have access to one, or a range of, workplace environments (past or present) that will provide you with the opportunity to complete a range of assessment tasks that are based on/in a real workplace environment.
View the Student Handbook for more information.
MiTraining offers several interest free payment plan options including your choice of a deposit amount, then fortnightly or weekly instalments to pay the remaining course fees over the duration of your studies. Deposit amounts start from just $100.
To view all payment plan options click Apply Now.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is an assessment pathway that enables you to demonstrate competence from prior experience and learning. RPL applications require a portfolio of evidence which will be assessed, together with a competency conversation or skills test/check. For more information view the RPL Policy or download the RPL Application Form on the Policies and Procedures page.
Statements of Attainment and Qualifications issued by other Registered Training Organisations will be recognised by MiTraining and may be used as credit towards a qualification with MiTraining.
For advice on applying for Credit Transfer for this qualification please contact MiTraining on 1300 549 190.
MiTraining offers highly practical and industry relevant training to small, medium and large organisations seeking to develop staff. Organisations can choose from nationally recognised qualifications, accredited short courses or professional development workshops to focus on a specific skill sets.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
Equip yourself with the knowledge and skills to lead and support your team towards successful outcomes, and through the day‐to‐day challenges of working with colleagues and clients.