Communicate with Influence
Nationally accredited | Dedicated trainer support | Delivered online
This accredited short course will develop your skills in presenting with impact and influence to prospective customers, clients and important stakeholders. Being able to communicate with clarity and engage your audience is a skill that synonymous with successful people.
The ability to convey your message with meaning and a sense of purpose is even more important at work. Leading people towards a common goal, coordinating a project, presenting a business case, delivering feedback, managing customer relationships and even participating in meetings – all these common workplace tasks require effective communications skills to deliver positive outcomes.
If your ability to communicate ideas, objectives or opinions is holding you back, or communicating with influence will improve your work performance, this course is for you.
This course can also be delivered for groups of staff. Learn more about staff training options here.
This course is structured in four modules:
- The skills, tools and preparation required to communicate clearly
- Techniques for negotiating winning outcomes
- Managing and leading effective meetings
- Delivering quality and impactful presentations in different forums
This course is designed for those who need to identify, analyse, synthesise and act on information from a range of sources, and deal with unpredictable problems.
- Confirm the authority or mandate to present business views or position
- Respect protocols and confidentiality of information
- Clarify the audience information needs and prepare a position
- Use language that is appropriate for the audience
- Use active listening to seek stakeholder and other organisation input and achieve a balanced exchange of views
- Seek immediate feedback to ensure that the views expressed by all stakeholders have been understood
Present and negotiate persuasively
- Identify key individuals and target groups for their value to advance the business interests
- Prepare realistic positions and supporting arguments in advance in anticipation of the likely expectations and tactics of others
- Respect values, concerns and views of others and keep lines of communication open
- Acknowledge differences of opinion to encourage the rigorous examination of all options
- Use a variety of communication styles to present business positions to best effect
- Seek mutually beneficial solutions by establishing areas of common ground and potential compromise
- Keep negotiations focused on key issues and moving forward towards a final resolution
- Adhere to agreements in order to maintain the credibility and trust of others
Participate in and lead, meetings effectively
- Identify the need for meetings and program meetings in response to the need
- Use an agenda and efficient, inclusive meeting procedures to maximise participation and maintain order
- Prepare summaries of key issues and possible options disseminated in advance
- Achieve agreed outcomes in the available time by co-operating with and seeking consensus and compromise
- Outcomes of meetings are promptly summarised for action and distributed to stakeholders, as required
Make presentations at meetings, forums and conferences
- Select appropriate forums to present business positions to best effect
- Obtain reliable information and advice to prepare appropriate presentations
- Adapt language, explanations, media and information/entertainment balance to meet the needs of the audience
- Respond to questions openly and honestly
There are no formal educational entry requirements for this course.
To support a successful learning experience student will require:
1. Minimum technology requirements including access to a device (desktop/mobile/tablet), reliable internet connection and use of a personal email account.
2. Access to a current or previous workplace to support the completion of work-based assessment and observation. Students who do not have access to a work environment will be supported with an alternative scenario.
Course delivery and support
This course is delivered online via MiTraining’s Learning Management System (LMS). When you enrol you’ll be asked to setup your LMS student account and will then be granted immediate access to the course materials including:
- Course content and reading materials
- Activities and assessments
- Discussion forums
- Supplementary learning materials
MiTraining trainers and assessors are qualified to deliver vocational education and training courses and hold current industry knowledge and expertise. A requirement for all trainers is that they can demonstrate vocational competency – that means they must have the particular skills and knowledge relevant to the course they are delivering.
All accredited courses include assessment. To gain a Statement of Attainment you must attempt and be deemed “competent” in each assessment item.
Your trainer will work with you to ensure you understand what is required in each assessment item. The assessments may take the form of questions, written projects, case studies, workplace scenarios or observation.
Each assessment method provides a different type of evidence. Taken together, the complete assessment provides a holistic view of your ability to perform competently and confidently in the workplace to the level set down in the Competency Standards.
This course requires approximately a 105 hour study commitment made up of reading and digesting course content, self-directed reading and study, undertaking assessment items and workplace based collaboration.
You may complete the course more quickly depending on your level of prior experience (work and education). You will be provided with six months’ continuous access to the course on the LMS.
This course includes the unit of competency:
- BSBLDR503 Communicate with influence
Students who complete the course assessment may gain credit towards the nationally recognised Diploma of Leadership and Management offered by MiTraining.
What does the course cost?
The course fee is $360 up front payment. For more information see the Course Details and Course Inclusions box on this course page. If you require an inovice or would like to discuss payment plan options please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I have to do the assessment?
Yes this is an accredited short course based on the unit of competency BSBLDR503 Communicate with influence.
Who is the course accredited with?
The course incorporates the single unit of competency BSBLDR503 Communicate with influence from the Australian Business Services Training Package. This unit of competency is an elective unit within MiTraining’s Diploma of Leadership and Management. Vocational education and training packages are regulated by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA).
What kind of support do I get?
You will be assigned a dedicated, qualified trainer to support you through the course and assessments.
View more frequently asked questions.
Training options for staff
MiTraining offers highly practical and industry relevant training to small, medium and large organisations seeking to develop staff. Organisations can choose from nationally recognised qualifications, accredited short courses or professional development workshops to focus on a specific skill set.
To request a quote for delivery of training to groups of staff please call 1300 549 190 or read more here.
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is an assessment pathway that enables you to demonstrate competence from prior experience and learning. RPL applications require a portfolio of evidence which will be assessed, together with a competency conversation or skills test/check. For more information view the RPL Policy or download the RPL Application Form available on the MiTraining website.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Being a Mentor
This self-paced short course provides a detailed insight into the role of a mentor and how a successful mentor/mentee relationship can be fostered.
Communication & Conflict Management Skills Bundle
Save 30% with this course bundle.
Our two most popular skill builder courses combined to skill you up to communicate effectively, have tough conversations and resolve conflict.
Self Leadership Skill Set
Become highly employable and a valued team member by developing a suite of in demand soft skills that are transferrable across different industries and job roles.