Communicate with Influence
This short course will develop your skills in presenting with impact and influence to prospective customers, clients and important stakeholders. Being able to communicate with clarity and engage your audience is a skill that synonymous with successful people.
The ability to convey your message with meaning and a sense of purpose is even more important at work. Leading people towards a common goal, coordinating a project, presenting a business case, delivering feedback, managing customer relationships and even participating in meetings – all these common workplace tasks require effective communications skills to deliver positive outcomes.
If your ability to communicate ideas, objectives or opinions is holding you back, or communicating with influence will improve your work performance, this course is for you.
This course can also be delivered for groups of staff. Learn more about staff training options here.
This course is structured in four modules:
- The skills, tools and preparation required to communicate clearly
- Techniques for negotiating winning outcomes
- Managing and leading effective meetings
- Delivering quality and impactful presentations in different forums
This course is designed for those who need to identify, analyse, synthesise and act on information from a range of sources, and deal with unpredictable problems.
- Confirm authority to present material on behalf of a business, in accordance with organisational policies and procedures
- Identify information that may be subject to confidentiality and manage appropriately
- Identify information needs of audience and prepare a position in line with purpose of communication
- Use language, written or verbal, that is appropriate for the audience
- Use active listening to seek stakeholder and intra-organisational input to achieve a balanced exchange of views
Present and negotiate persuasively
- Map stakeholder landscape, identifying key individuals and target groups in line with organisational objectives
- Prepare realistic positions and supporting arguments in advance of the likely expectations and tactics of others
- Acknowledge differences of opinion to encourage the rigorous examination of all options
- Use a variety of communication styles to present business positions to best effect
- Seek mutually beneficial solutions by establishing areas of common ground and potential compromise
- Keep negotiations focused on key issues and moving forward towards a final resolution
Participate in and lead, meetings effectively
- Identify the need for meetings and program meetings in response to the need
- Prepare materials relating to key issues and disseminate in advance
- Develop and circulate an agenda, and use efficient, inclusive meeting procedures to maximise participation and maintain order
- Achieve agreed outcomes in the available time by co-operating with and seeking consensus and compromise
- Summarise outcomes of meetings for action and distribute to stakeholders promptly, as required
Make presentations at meetings, forums and conferences
- Identify appropriate forums to present business positions, in line with organisational objectives
- Obtain reliable information and advice to prepare appropriate presentations
- Adapt language, explanations, media and information/entertainment balance to meet the needs of the audience
- Respond to questions openly, honestly, and in accordance with organisational policies
There are no formal educational entry requirements for this course.
To support a successful learning experience student will require:
1. Minimum technology requirements including access to a device (desktop/mobile/tablet), reliable internet connection and use of a personal email account.
Course delivery and support
This course is delivered online via MiTraining’s Learning Management System (LMS) which includes:
- Course content and reading materials
- Supplementary learning materials
MiTraining trainers and assessors are qualified to deliver vocational education and training courses and hold current industry knowledge and expertise. A requirement for all trainers is that they can demonstrate vocational competency – that means they must have the particular skills and knowledge relevant to the course they are delivering.
Optional Course assessment
You have the option to undertake formal assessment at an additional cost.
If you choose to undertake the assessment you will be assigned a dedicated, qualified trainer to support you through the course and assessments.
The assessments may take the form of questions, written projects, case studies, workplace scenarios or observation. Each assessment method provides a different type of evidence. Taken together, the complete assessment provides a holistic view of your ability to perform competently and confidently in the workplace to the level set down in the Competency Standards.
To gain a Statement of Attainment you must attempt and be deemed “competent” in each assessment item.
You will require access to a current or previous workplace to support the completion of work-based assessment and observation. Students who do not have access to a work environment will be supported with an alternative scenario.
To talk to us about undertaking assessment call 1300 549 190 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This course requires approximately a 105 hour study commitment made up of reading and digesting course content, self-directed reading and study, undertaking assessment items and workplace based collaboration.
You will be provided with three months’ continuous access to the course on the LMS.
What does the course cost?
The course fee is a one-off up front payment. For more information see the Course Details and Course Inclusions box on this course page. If you require an inovice or would like to discuss payment plan options please email email@example.com.
Training options for staff
MiTraining offers highly practical and industry relevant training to small, medium and large organisations seeking to develop staff. Organisations can choose from nationally recognised qualifications, accredited short courses or professional development workshops to focus on a specific skill set.
To request a quote for delivery of training to groups of staff please call 1300 549 190 or read more here.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Being a Mentor
This self-paced short course provides a detailed insight into the role of a mentor and how a successful mentor/mentee relationship can be fostered.
Conflict Management Course Bundle
Our two most popular micro training courses combined to skill you up to communicate effectively, have tough conversations and resolve conflict.
Manage quality customer service
In a highly commoditised market, often exceptional customer service is the only thing that can set a brand apart from its’ competitors.