Coordinate Business Resources
Online course | Dedicated trainer support | Nationally accredited
Business resources can take the form of equipment, finances and people (human resources). There are often competing priorities in businesses of any size that demand these types of resources to get things done on time and on budget.
This course is designed for those who need to organise events or small projects, provide administrative support to different business units or are responsible for procuring and sourcing equipment and materials for the organisation.
Coordinating resources is a foundation skill for anyone working in a business environment. This course is based on a nationally recognised unit of competency that is a common unit across 28 accredited qualifications from the business services, transport and logistics, health, property and community services packages.
This course is structured in three modules:
- Determine and identify required business resources within budget
- Source and allocated quality resources across the organisation
- Resource planning, monitoring and evaluation
This course applies to individuals with a broad knowledge of business resources who contribute well developed skills and knowledge to ensure adequate resources are available to perform the work of the organisation. They may have responsibility to provide guidance or to delegate aspects of these tasks to others.
Determine resource requirements
- Determine resource requirements in accordance with business and operational plans and organisational requirements
- Provide opportunities to individuals and workgroups to contribute to the identification of resource requirements
- Ensure resource expenditure is realistic and makes efficient use of available budget resources
- Present recommendations on resource requirements in the required format, style and structure using relevant business equipment and technology
Acquire and allocate resources
- Acquire physical resources and services in accordance with organisational requirements
- Check resources to ensure quality and quantity are in line with service agreements
- Allocate resources promptly to enable achievement of workgroup objectives
- Ensure consultation with individuals and teams on allocation of resources is participative and is conducted using appropriate interpersonal skills
Monitor and report on resource allocation and usage
- Measure effectiveness of resource planning and assess against actual costs, identified shortfalls and surpluses
- Develop and implement methods of monitoring resource use to enable timely and accurate reporting against business and operational plans
- Identify improvements in resource planning through consultation and feedback, and implement in accordance with organisational requirements
- Maintain records concerning equipment and resource purchases in accordance with organisational requirements
There are no formal educational entry requirements for this course.
To support a successful learning experience student will require:
1. Minimum technology requirements including access to a device (desktop/mobile/tablet), reliable internet connection and use of a personal email account.
2. Access to a current or previous workplace to support the completion of work-based assessment and observation. Students who do not have access to a work environment will be supported with an alternative scenario.
Course delivery and support
This course is delivered online via MiTraining’s Learning Management System (LMS). When you enrol you’ll be asked to setup your LMS student account and will then be granted immediate access to the course materials including:
- Course content and reading materials
- Activities and assessments
- Discussion forums
- Supplementary learning materials
MiTraining trainers and assessors are qualified to deliver vocational education and training courses and hold current industry knowledge and expertise. A requirement for all trainers is that they can demonstrate vocational competency – that means they must have the particular skills and knowledge relevant to the course they are delivering.
All accredited courses include assessment. To gain a Statement of Attainment you must attempt and be deemed “competent” in each assessment item.
Your trainer will work with you to ensure you understand what is required in each assessment item. The assessments may take the form of questions, written projects, case studies, workplace scenarios or observation.
Each assessment method provides a different type of evidence. Taken together, the complete assessment provides a holistic view of your ability to perform competently and confidently in the workplace to the level set down in the Competency Standards.
Although undertaking the assessment is not compulsory, we highly recommend students complete and submit assessments to support and reinforce their knowledge and skills.
This course requires approximately a 58 hour study commitment made up of reading and digesting course content, self-directed reading and study, undertaking assessment items and workplace based collaboration.
You may complete the course more quickly depending on your level of prior experience (work and education). You will be provided with six months’ continuous access to the course on the LMS.
This course includes the unit of competency:
- BSBADM409 Coordinate business resources
Students who choose to complete the course assessment may gain credit towards the nationally recognised Certificate IV in Leadership and Management offered by MiTraining.
What does the course cost?
The course fee is $170. For more information see the Course Details and Course Inclusions box on this course page.
Do I have to do the assessment?
Assessment is optional but highly recommended. To receive a Statement of Attainment you must complete the assessment and be deemed competent.
Who is the course accredited with?
The course incorporates the single unit of competency BSBADM409 Coordinate business resources from the Australian Business Services Training Package. This unit of competency is an elective unit within MiTraining’s Certificate IV in Leadership and Management. Vocational education and training packages are regulated by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA).
What kind of support do I get?
You will be assigned a dedicated, qualified trainer to support you through the course and assessments.
Training options for staff
MiTraining Corporate offers highly practical and industry relevant training to small, medium and large organisations seeking to develop staff. Organisations can choose from nationally recognised qualifications, accredited short courses or professional development workshops to focus on a specific skill set.
To request a quote for delivery of training to groups of staff please call 1300 549 190 or enquire here.