Managing Work Stress
Online self-paced course | 3-5 hours to complete
Anyone who has held a job at some point has experienced stress in the workplace. In fact, any job can include times of stress even if you thoroughly enjoy what you do. At times personal or family pressures can also exacerbate feelings of stress in the workplace.
The short course will help you better understand the causes of stress and how you it can be managed in a work environment. Knowing what contributes to your stress enables you to look at the best strategies and actions to manage it.
You’ll develop ways to identify stressors and tactics to help deal with how stress manifests in you.
What you'll learn
- Identify stressful situations and triggers;
- Understand the difference between good and bad stress;
- The symptoms and impact of stress in the workplace;
- Practical techniques for managing stress;
- Managing work flow and planning to reduce stress;
- Self-managing reactions to stress;
- Activities, rituals and habits for achieving balance.
This course is ideal for
- Those feeling stressed and having trouble coping with its impact on them in the workplace;
- Supervisors and manages who want to better understand how to support staff to managing workplace stress.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Develop Emotional Intelligence
Learn how to identify the impact of your own emotions on others in the workplace, recognise the emotional strengths and weaknesses of staff and use interpersonal skills to maximise team outcomes.
Handling Conflict at Work
Conflict can rear its head in any aspect of your personal or professional life. Avoiding conflict might feel like a safe option, but can often leave the issue unresolved and simmering away.
Handling conflict well is a skill anyone can learn – and getting it right can even turn difficult relationships into positive ones.
The Confident Communicator
You’ve heard the phrase ‘walk the talk’, but what about ‘talk the walk’? It’s what some of the most successful people do at work…they’re able to explain and communicate in a way that is compelling, inspiring to get people moving in the same direction.