Office Administration Skill Set
Online self-paced course | Includes three course modules | Bonus Time Management course included
Have you recently commenced a Administration Traineeship, or a junior administrative role? Are trying to secure your first office job and want to demonstrate how your skills set you apart?
This Skill Set is designed just for you.
It includes the following course module which have been hand picked to skill you up in the most common administrative skill areas employers expect in new hires:
Course 1: Microsoft Excel Essentials (2013)
Microsoft Excel is a widely used spreadsheet package that enables you to organise data, make simple and complex calculations and analyse information.
Course 2: Prioritising Your Work
Learn how to identify work objectives, prioritise your work and incorporate prioritised tasks into personal schedules.
Course 3: Telephone Communication Skills
The service you provide to those who communicate with you over the telephone should be of the same high standards as that provided in face-to-face interactions. This course will provide you with practical tips on effective telephone communication.
Microsoft Excel Essentials (2013)
- Spreadsheet terminology
- Understand the features and functionality of the software package
- Apply and format spreadsheet styles
- Data entry, short-cuts and tips
- Table creation and formatting
- Basic formula
- Working with multiple worksheets
- Turning data into visuals and charts
- Printing, sharing and protecting spreadsheets
Prioritising Your Work
- How to plan complete a work schedule
- How to identify key factors that can impact meeting your objectives
- Understand different tools to assist with task scheduling
- Learn the importance of monitoring your own work
- Steps to seeking feedback on your performance
- Understanding when there has been a variation in the level of your performance and the impact of this
- Identify the skills and knowledge you require for your role and success
Telephone Communication Skills
- How to create an outstanding image
- Understanding the different telephone protocols
- Tips for taking challenging calls
- How to make your outbound calls more effective
- Handling high pressure or confronting phone calls
This skill set is ideal for
This skill set is perfect for someone who is starting their first job in administration, commencing a business administration traineeship or even maybe returning to work and want to polish up on key skills.
Purchase this bundle are receive a free self-paced time management course valued at $89
MiTraining Skill Sets
MiTraining Skill Sets group courses into particular categories of knowledge, abilities, and experience necessary to improve performance at work.
Skill Sets may group soft skills (interpersonal) or hard skills (technical/quantifiable) or a combination of both types into a cluster of courses.
Courses are clustered in such a way that they can develop transferable skills (those that apply to many or different career fields), combine job specific employment skills, or target skills gaps in identified industries.
Bonus Course Inclusion
Enrol in this Skill Set and receive our Time Management course at no additional cost. The simple and practical short course will give you tips, tricks and insights about managing your time better that you can apply straight away.
This bonus course includes:
How to increase your productivity through time management;
How to set and follow SMART objectives;
To identify important and non-important tasks;
The importance of prioritising and scheduling;
Key strategies for making better use of your time;
How to manage interruptions;
The power of delegation;
The keys to effective meetings.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Love them or loathe them, when run well, meetings can help bring a team together and get things done.
The Confident Communicator
You’ve heard the phrase ‘walk the talk’, but what about ‘talk the walk’? It’s what some of the most successful people do at work…they’re able to explain and communicate in a way that is compelling, inspiring to get people moving in the same direction.