Organise finances for new business ventures
- Ideal course for budding or new business owners
- Start at any time
This short course will help you develop the skills and knowledge to estimate start-up costs for your new business venture, determine financial viability and projected cash flow and budget. You’ll develop an understanding of how to ascertain your own financial position in the context of resourcing a new small business, forecast business activity, sourcing different funding options and monitor profitability of the business.
This course is structured in three modules:
- Prepare to organise finances for new business venture
- Determine required finances for new business venture
- Plan to access finances for new business venture
Prepare to organise finances for new business venture
- Establishing personal current financial situation
- Determine equity finance and assets available for the busines from personal, family or community sources
- Identify business mix and forecast expected business activity over a year
Determine required finances for new business venture
- Estimate start-up costs for the business
- Estimating income and expenses for first year of operations
- Cash flow projections for first year of operation
- Seeking specialist financial advice
- Recording cash flow and budget
Plan to access finances for new business venture
- Investigate and source suitable types of finance
- Establish methods of accessing finances
- Completing documentation required to access finance
There are no formal educational entry requirements for this course.
To support a successful learning experience students will require:
1. Access to a device (desktop/mobile/tablet), reliable internet connection and use of a personal email account.
Course Delivery and Support
This course is delivered online via MiTraining’s Learning Management System (LMS) which includes:
- Course content and reading materials
- Additional course resources
Optional Course Assessment
You have the option to undertake formal assessment at an additional cost.
If you choose to undertake the assessment you will be assigned a dedicated, qualified trainer to support you through the course and assessments.
The assessments may take the form of questions, written projects, case studies, workplace scenarios or observation. Each assessment method provides a different type of evidence. Taken together, the complete assessment provides a holistic view of your ability to perform competently and confidently in the workplace to the level set down in the Competency Standards.
To gain a Statement of Attainment you must attempt and be deemed “competent” in each assessment item.
You will require access to a current or previous workplace to support the completion of work-based assessment and observation. Students who do not have access to a work environment will be supported with an alternative scenario.
To talk to us about undertaking assessment call 1300 549 190 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will have a full three month’s access to the learning resources to complete this course.
What are the course payment options?
There is a one-off, up front course fee that can be paid by credit card or an invoice (by request).