Show Leadership in the Workplace
Nationally accredited | Dedicated trainer support | Delivered online
This accredited short course is designed for those who are making a transition from being a team member to taking responsibility for the work and performance of others. It focuses specifically on developing the qualities, conduct and behaviours that organisations expect of high performing leaders.
If you manage or supervise a team or would like to progress to a frontline management role, this course is for you. This course will develop your leadership capability and addresses skills required by managers in any industry sector.
This course can also be delivered for groups of staff. Learn more about staff training options here.
This course is structured in three modules:
- Your personal performance and behaviour
- Developing a values-based approach to personal conduct and role modelling in a business setting
- How to make considered, informed decisions and communicate them effectively in the workplace
This course will help you develop the skills and knowledge required to lead teams through modelling high standards of conduct, being a positive role model and applying a values-based leadership style.
Model High Standards of Management Performance and Behaviour
- Ensure management performance and behaviour meets the organisation’s requirements
- Demonstrate leadership behaviours and serve as a positive role model
- Develop and implement performance plans in line with the organisation’s goals and objectives
- Establish and use key performance indicators to meet business objectives
Enhance the Organisation’s Image
- Apply organisational values and standards in conducting business
- Identify and address standards and values considered to be damaging to the organisation
- Ensure personal performance contributes to developing an organisation which has integrity and credibility
Make Informed Decisions
- Gather and organise information relevant to the issue/s under consideration
- Facilitate individual’s and team’s active participation in decision-making processes
- Examine options and assess associated risks to determine preferred course/s of action
- Ensure decisions are timely and communicate them clearly to individuals and teams
- Prepare plans to implement decisions and ensure they are agreed by relevant individuals and teams
- Use feedback processes effectively to monitor the implementation and impact of decisions
There are no formal educational entry requirements for this course.
To support a successful learning experience student will require:
1. Minimum technology requirements including access to a device (desktop/mobile/tablet), reliable internet connection and use of a personal email account.
2. Access to a current or previous workplace to support the completion of work-based assessment and observation. Students who do not have access to a work environment will be supported with an alternative scenario.
Course delivery and support
This course is delivered online via MiTraining’s Learning Management System (LMS). When you enrol you’ll be asked to setup your LMS student account and will then be granted immediate access to the course materials including:
- Course content and reading materials
- Activities and assessments
- Discussion forums
- Supplementary learning materials
MiTraining trainers and assessors are qualified to deliver vocational education and training courses and hold current industry knowledge and expertise. A requirement for all trainers is that they can demonstrate vocational competency – that means they must have the particular skills and knowledge relevant to the course they are delivering.
All accredited courses include assessment. To gain a Statement of Attainment you must attempt and be deemed “competent” in each assessment item.
Your trainer will work with you to ensure you understand what is required in each assessment item. The assessments may take the form of questions, written projects, case studies, workplace scenarios or observation.
Each assessment method provides a different type of evidence. Taken together, the complete assessment provides a holistic view of your ability to perform competently and confidently in the workplace to the level set down in the Competency Standards.
This course requires approximately a 115 hour study commitment made up of reading and digesting course content, self-directed reading and study, undertaking assessment items and workplace based collaboration.
You may complete the course more quickly depending on your level of prior experience (work and education). You will be provided with six months’ continuous access to the course on the LMS.
This course includes the unit of competency:
- BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace
Students who choose to complete the course assessment may gain credit towards the nationally recognised Certificate IV in Leadership and Management offered by MiTraining.
What does the course cost?
The course fee is $282 upfront payment. For more information see the Course Details and Course Inclusions box on this course page. If you require an inovice or would like to discuss payment plan options please email email@example.com.
Do I have to do the assessment?
Yes this is an accredited short course based on the unit of competency BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace
Who is the course accredited with?
The course incorporates the single unit of competency BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace from the Australian Business Services Training Package. This unit of competency is an elective unit within MiTraining’s Certificate IV in Leadership and Management. Vocational education and training packages are regulated by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA).
What kind of support do I get?
You will be assigned a dedicated, qualified trainer to support you through the course and assessments.
View more frequently asked questions.
Training options for staff
MiTraining Corporate offers highly practical and industry relevant training to small, medium and large organisations seeking to develop staff. Organisations can choose from nationally recognised qualifications, accredited short courses or professional development workshops to focus on a specific skill set.
To request a quote for delivery of training to groups of staff please call 1300 549 190 or read more here.
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is an assessment pathway that enables you to demonstrate competence from prior experience and learning. RPL applications require a portfolio of evidence which will be assessed, together with a competency conversation or skills test/check. For more information view the RPL Policy or download the RPL Application Form available on the MiTraining website.