Managing Off-site Staff
Online self-paced course | 3-5 hours to complete
Frontline managers, team leaders or supervisors can be responsible for a variety of work teams including those who are on-site, mobile, off-site or at home. Successful management of these work groups requires the design and development of management structures, practice and cultures that are inclusive and productive.
This course will help you develop approaches to successfully leading off-site teams. You’ll develop an understanding of the procedures and structures required to ensure remote teams are safe, productive and performing at their best.
What you'll learn
- The advantages and disadvantages of off-site or remote teams;
- Inducting off-site workers;
- Defining roles and formalising agreements;
- Fostering an environment that’s inclusive of remote teams;
- The value of the communication loop;
- Performance targets and monitoring remote teams;
- Training, coaching and mentoring approaches;
- Awareness of legislation and insurance requirements around engaging off-site teams.
This course is ideal for
Those responsible for managing remote, off-site or virtual teams in any work setting or industry environment.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
The Smart Project Planner
Knowing how to coordinate a project – large or small, from go-to-whoa – is a job skill that can really take you places. Tackling any job of any shape or size with a project management approach can produce better results faster, more cost effectively and with a team that feels valued.